Category Archives: Design
Fall = lounging late in pjs, curling up with good books and coffee, and marathon Netflix binges as the weather gets chillier. For that you’ll need the perfect recliner! Luckily, there are so many types and features on recliners these days that you’ll have no problem finding your perfect fit. Get comfy while take a look at all the options available!
First, you’ll need to chose the type of recliner you want. There are 3 types to choose from: standard, high-leg, and lift. The standard recliner is just as it sounds – the typical recliner you know that moves into 2 or 3 positions. High-leg recliners are a bit more stylish than the standard and because most have a pushback feature, it means no visible handle for a cleaner look. And finally, the lift recliner not only reclines but lifts you from a sitting position to a standing position.
After you choose your type, next come the features (the fun part!). Mostly you’ll find these 8 features:
1. Rocker or Glider Base – has a motion feature so you can rock.
2. Swivel Base – allows you to turn in all directions.
3. Massage – (our personal fave!) grab a massage while you catch up on “Game of Thrones”; can come with or without a heat feature.
4. Big & Tall – extra large recliners designed to hold more weight than the average recliner.
5. Wall Hugger – if you live in a tiny space, this feature is for you; allows you to place the recliner much closer to the wall, only a few inches, to save space.
6. Lay flat – if you’re constantly falling asleep in your recliner, you need this; reclines to a flat position.
7. Built-in USB Charger – yes, really.
8. Power – with this feature you don’t have to worry with levers or handles, just push a button and you’re on your way to relaxation.
There are, of course, other options to decide when picking your amazing, wonderful recliner like the size of your space, whether it’s pet-friendly, and what kind of fabric you want. But with so many choices, it’d be hard to go wrong! Drop by your local Suburban Furniture today to get yours!
- No matter what your favorite style is Suburban Furniture has it, and now it’s easier than ever to find your style at Suburban! Now you can easily shop by style on our new “shop by style” page and choose among the following to find exactly what you want:
- Contemporary – Contemporary style proves that less is more. Contemporary consists of simple silhouettes, sleek lines, a clean & fresh look with a metropolitan feel, and leans towards glass tops, rich wood tones, and high sheen finishes.
- Casual – Casual style proves that looks aren’t everything! Casual furniture puts comfort first and is designed for everyday use.
- Traditional – Traditional style is the one we all know and love from times gone by. It consists of intricate molding and curves and makes your home appear sophisticated and refined.
- Transitional – Simple meets sophisticated sums up transitional style! You’ll find a mix of finishes, materials, and fabrics, plus clean lines and interesting textures.
- Mid-Century Modern – Mid-century modern is the style for you if “Mad Men” is your jam. Inspired by 50s, 60s, and 70s pop culture, this retro-modern style is both playful AND sophisticated.
- Cottage – No actual cottage needed for this style! Cottage style is pretty and light and feminine at heart.
- Rustic – Rustic style is pretty much exactly what it sounds like – weathered wood, distressed metal, and all-natural charm.
- Drop by on Labor Day and enjoy store-wide savings up to 50% off, instant sales tax rebate, 5 years interest-free, and free delivery!
You’ve heard the saying “Accessories make the outfit”? It’s also true that accessories make a home! To that end, there are many more home accessories available out there than throw pillows, shag rugs, vases, and STAR WAR posters (for the “man cave”, of course). We’ve got some wonderfully & wonderfully unique accessories hanging around that we think you’ll love, so check a few out below, then head over to our site to see the rest!
First and foremost, don’t forget your furbabies! Keep them lounging in style with one of our pet beds designed for durability and comfort.
Wash away the rainy day blues with a sleek & stylish hand-forged umbrella stand.
Turn your office or library into a charming replica of BEAUTY & THE BEAST’s library with one of our library ladders! Not only will you be able to reach those top shelves finally, but you can re-enact all your favorite BATB scenes. We’ve so many colors and styles, there’s sure to be a match!
No room in the office or home for a full desk? No worries! Tilting to an ideal angle for using with your laptop, our laptop stands provide an alternative that’s ideal for moving to where you need it plus the ability to adjust the heighth.
Get decorative with a pedestal! A fabulous piece of accent furniture they add class as well as providing a comfortable perch for favorite plants.
There’s a world of possibilities when it comes to creating your dream home (an affordable world of possibilities at that), so get creative and get everything perfect down to the last, tiniest detail. Call or email us today for more ideas or drop by our Facebook page!
This holiday season, we wanted to get you guys the best present ever, so we’re giving you the gift of FIVE (5) FULL YEARS interest-free! That’s right – 5 YEARS interest-free. Imagine all the pieces of furniture you can replace in your home with this and all the ways you can redecorate! You could…
Recreate the library from BEAUTY & THE BEAST, to celebrate the upcoming movie release
Have your kiddo (or yourself, we don’t judge!) off on adventurous dreams with this cool bed
Travel back in time with this 50s soda fountain bar table
Every once in awhile it’s nice to do something for ourselves and one of the greatest things you can do for yourself is designing the perfect bedroom. Think about it – you likely spend a good chunk of time in the bedroom, for several reasons. High on that list of reasons come relaxation and rest. Bedrooms are our safe havens; our calm in the storms. Having one that reflects your (and your spouse’s, if applicable!) style will help create a more centering and relaxing spot in your home. Plus, you can do it for cheaper than you think!
First things first, incorporate your aesthetic (or aesthetics). If it’s you and you alone, you’re free to do whatever you want, whether it be a room full of clown paintings (*shivers*) to a sleek, modern design. If you have a partner, there’s going to be some give and take though. Either try to find middle ground or decide on an eclectically designed space that incorporates both of your preferred styles.
Next up, slap some paint on those walls! There is NO better way to brighten and re-freshen a room than with a new coat of paint. It’s one of the most inexpensive ways to make a dramatic change to any space. If you’re having trouble deciding on a color, find something in the room for inspiration. Just make sure it matches and make sure the paint really, really matches the paint chip. We know someone who ended up with a Pepto Bismol pink office instead of a rose office because of this…true story.
Remember that accessories are your friends. There are hundreds (nay millions!) of inexpensive ways to accessorize a room. Rugs, throw pillows, sheets and a cozy comforter are quick and inexpensive ways to add extra warmth, color and beauty to your master retreat. Likewise, art painted by friends, a wall of framed photography or books, or a cool piece of furniture for a side table, etc., can make the eclectic look come together!
Really important though? You need to get a new mattress. How long have you been sleeping on that mattress? Go on, we’ll wait while you count back through the years…that long, huh? If your mattress is more than 7 years old; shows visible signs of wear (it’s dipping, has lumps, the interior is exposed, etc.); you get a better night’s sleep ANYWHERE but your own bed (sofa, dog house, wherever); or you wake up with stiffness, numbness, or aches, then your mattress has stopped supporting you. It’s time to get a mattress that has you feeling like your on a cloud (or rock, if that’s your preference), so you can wake up feeling like a million bucks. If you absolutely can’t afford a new mattress at the moment, at least upgrade what you’ve got with some memory foam or mattress pad, okay?
We’ve been serving the Roxbury Township, Morris, Warren and Sussex County and Northern New Jersey areas for over 50 years. Our customers value us for our large selection, beautiful showroom, fair prices and immediate delivery. Still family owned after 50 years we are committed to providing a unique, family friendly, comfortable place to shop for your home. Our caring staff, combined with affordable, in-stock furniture will help you furnish your home in hours, not months. Drop by one of our showrooms today or visit us online to see what kind of bedroom perfection we can help you create!