Category Archives: Sales and Promotions
Here at Suburban Furniture we’re fond of saving you money – it’s kind of our thing. We also know home fashion and design. So, once again we’ve combined our furniture know-how with our love of helping you guys out to offer One Great Sale! (No, that’s actually the name of it…) Our One Great Sale has prices up to 40% off storewide so you can get amazing deals on pretty much everything! Plus you can pay no interest for 3 whole years! How’s that for One Great Sale?
Want to take advantage of our One Great Sale but not sure what your design style is? We’ve got you covered there too with our online Design Style quiz that will ask a handful of fun questions to determine what kind of style would work best for you. Our incredibly helpful staff is also always available to give you a hand in determining the best look for your home; simply ask!
Our One Great Sale won’t last forever so hurry down to one of our locations to take advantage! You’ll be happy you did.
What would you do with a few extra bucks this summer? Take a vacation? Go to the beach? Buy a new summer wardrobe? Now you can find out with our ½ Off Sale currently going on! Prices are cut up to HALF OFF through out the entire store which means extra savings for YOU. Plus with 6 months of interest-free financing, you’ll be set thru the entire summer! What kind of great furniture can you get right now to spice up your home for the summer months all while still having lots left over for fun? Have a look below!
This is just a small sampling of the fabulous furniture finds you’ll get at Suburban Furniture during our ½ Off Sale so drop by now to find your home’s perfect setting for less!
Did you know that the name “Memorial Day” wasn’t used till 1882? Originally Memorial Day was known as “Decoration Day” (something some people in the South still have, completely separate from Memorial Day). “Memorial Day” also wasn’t the official name of the holiday (by federal law) until 1967. Plus Memorial Day was originally on May 30th – until 1968, that is, when Congress passed the Uniform Monday Holiday Act which moved Memorial Day (and a few other holidays) from their regular dates to certain Mondays, so as to create convenient 3-day weekends (thanks, guys!). Even this didn’t take place on a federal level till 1971 though, and even then, it took a few more years to implement across all 50 states because some states just weren’t having any of it. So, while Memorial Day is technically an old holiday, several aspects are much newer.
Memorial Day is also a great time to add some NEW into your life, seeing as how it’s the “official” start of summer. New season, new goals, new changes. It’s why we’re having a HUGE Memorial Day sale until June 3rd! Right now, we have store-wide savings up to 67% off! Plus enjoy an INSTANT sales tax rebate, 5 years FREE financing with no interest till 2023, and an instant FREE delivery rebate. The awesome doesn’t stop there though. At Suburban Furniture we know that sleep is power (and sleep = happiness for a lot of us!) so we’ve added a HUGE mattress sale to help make your life even better! How does a Sealy gel memory foam mattress starting at $9/month sound? (Pretty great, right?) And we offer a 90-day sleep happy guarantee! So how about adding some newness to your life during this old-new holiday weekend?
And finally, as to the actual reason for the Memorial Day holiday, we at Suburban Furniture praise the men and women who sacrificed their lives in the name of our country. Their selfless devotion, outstanding courage, and honor inspire us to make their sacrifice meaningful. Thank you, one and all.
Life is full of choices – cat or dog; apple or orange; yes or no – some good, some bad. We have a choice for you to make right now that is nothing BUT good! Would you rather have 50% off your purchase or 5 years interest-free financing? (*some restrictions may apply to both offers) Now THAT is a great way to start off spring 2018 and your spring cleaning/home makeover, right?
Also keep in mind, should you not find your perfect furniture choice in-store, we’ll custom order it for you! We offer hundreds of fabrics in colors that span the imagination! We also have a design team ready to help you design the perfect room if that’s what you need. And if you’re looking to buy for yourself AND a pet, we have great tips on how to do so HERE. Essentially, we’ve got you covered from all angles. So. Which choice are you making?
Did you know that the the first income tax suggested in the United States was during the War of 1812? It was never imposed though because a treaty was signed, thus ending the war (and the taxes were to support the war). Then there was the Tax Act of 1861 that was passed but never put into force. Then came the Tax Act of 1862 which was both passed AND enforced but which a ton of people just kind of ignored…then came the Tax Act of 1864…and finally there was the 16th Amendment in 1913 allowing Congress the authority to tax the citizenry on income from whatever source derived. Just a little history lesson for tax season! Which leads us to…
We decided that since it’s tax season, you guys deserve a little break. That’s why we’ve currently slashed prices on America’s top-name furniture and mattress maker! It’s all part of our IRS (Inventory Reduction Sale) Event. We have AWESOME savings on everything from living rooms to dining rooms to bedrooms and more! And as an extra bonus, you won’t have to pay interest for THREE WHOLE YEARS!
So come on down and get this cheerful spring rug to brighten up your place!
Bring the outdoors inside with this unique silver tree stump stool!
Or use your tax refund and go golden with this sweet accessory set!
No matter your choice or style, we’re guaranteed to have something perfect for you. You can count on it! Now make sure you’ve got those taxes finished, then come down to see us!
Happy 2018, guys! We hope you all had very happy New Year’s!
At the start of each new year, we make promises to ourselves (and sometimes others) to do better or be better; to start new habits or break old ones; essentially to become a new us for the new year. The practice dates back 4,000 years to the Babylonians who celebrated their new year (in mid-March) with a HUGE 12-day festival where they made promises to the gods to pay their debts and return any borrowed objects. If they kept their word, the gods would bestow favor upon them (and if not, they’d fall out of favor – yikes!). After them came the Romans who tweaked the practice to promise good conduct for the year and to reflect back on the previous year. New year’s resolutions took a couple of more twists and turns to get from there to what we know them as now but it’s still the same basic idea – new year, new you.
We say, if you get the opportunity to start fresh in the new year, shouldn’t your home too? We think so! Reflect back on what all happened in your home in the past year and consider whether it deserves a fresh look in the new year as well. If you’re like us and think change in the new year is great, then you’re in luck because we’re starting 2018 off right with our annual WINTER HALF-OFF SALE!
That’s right, you heard us, half-off. Like, 50%. And did we mention that EVERYTHING is up to half-off? Cause it is! (Don’t say we never give you anything nice!) Plus we’re offering…*whispers* 6 months interest-free financing. We are very serious about this new year, new home thing. This means you can go wild and redecorate your living room or your bedroom or your office or your bathroom or get a new entertainment center or…or really anything! You can even just do a small facelift and grab some colorful throw pillows and rugs to help get you through a dreary winter. The store is your oyster.
So stop by one of our stores today to freshen up your home for the new year and our salespeople will help you find the PERFECT items. This is definitely one opportunity you don’t want to miss. Here’s to 2018 and all the beautiful changes it’ll bring us! (Oh, and here’s to maybe, hopefully, sticking to those resolutions.) Cheers!
It’s the holiday season once again which means tons of gatherings, oodles of funs, reindeers, eggnog, and for a majority of people the fine art of gift-giving (and gift-buying, ha). Even though it’s technically a bit early, we couldn’t wait any longer to reveal our gift for all of you – this holiday season our gift to you is FIVE full YEARS INTEREST-FREE financing! (You guys deserve nothing but the best, trust us!) Whether you use our gift to make your home a little homier or regift it by purchasing a gift for another, we know you’ll use it well. This offer does end December 17th though, so hurry in!
- No matter what your favorite style is Suburban Furniture has it, and now it’s easier than ever to find your style at Suburban! Now you can easily shop by style on our new “shop by style” page and choose among the following to find exactly what you want:
- Contemporary – Contemporary style proves that less is more. Contemporary consists of simple silhouettes, sleek lines, a clean & fresh look with a metropolitan feel, and leans towards glass tops, rich wood tones, and high sheen finishes.
- Casual – Casual style proves that looks aren’t everything! Casual furniture puts comfort first and is designed for everyday use.
- Traditional – Traditional style is the one we all know and love from times gone by. It consists of intricate molding and curves and makes your home appear sophisticated and refined.
- Transitional – Simple meets sophisticated sums up transitional style! You’ll find a mix of finishes, materials, and fabrics, plus clean lines and interesting textures.
- Mid-Century Modern – Mid-century modern is the style for you if “Mad Men” is your jam. Inspired by 50s, 60s, and 70s pop culture, this retro-modern style is both playful AND sophisticated.
- Cottage – No actual cottage needed for this style! Cottage style is pretty and light and feminine at heart.
- Rustic – Rustic style is pretty much exactly what it sounds like – weathered wood, distressed metal, and all-natural charm.
- Drop by on Labor Day and enjoy store-wide savings up to 50% off, instant sales tax rebate, 5 years interest-free, and free delivery!
We’ve been talking about the importance of healthy sleep lately (are you better rested yet?). Now that you know the basics of good sleep, what’s the next step? Finding the perfect mattress, of course! You spend a lot of time in bed, so it is important to choose a mattress that will help you get the best night’s sleep possible. Mattress size will be a major factor in your decision, but there are several other things to consider while you browse for the ideal mattress for your bedroom—room size, the amount of sleeping space you require, and a person’s height to name a few. Let’s take a look at some mattress info!
Also known as a “single” mattress. Great in children’s rooms and smaller bedrooms. A narrow bed that is easy to move and fits almost anywhere.
Approx. width per person: 39″
- Pros: Fits in smaller bedrooms. Sheets are less expensive than for other sized beds.
- Cons: Too short for many adults.
Five inches longer than the standard twin and typically used in college dorms. Easy to move from room to room and great for taller teens.
Approx. width per person: 39″
- Pros: Longer length is great for taller teens and adults.
- Cons: Bedding can be harder to find and available patterns may be limited.
Sometimes called a “Double” mattress. Wider than a twin, but still limits sleeping space for two adults.
Approx. width per person: 27″
- Pros: Fits into smaller rooms. Sheets are less expensive than queen or king size.
- Cons: Considered by many to be too narrow for two adults. At 75″ in length, may be too short for some.
Longer and wider than a full, a queen is more accommodating for two adults. A good choice for smaller master bedrooms.
Approx. width per person: 30″
- Pros: Better fit for two adults. Plenty of length for most adults. Bedding is easy to find.
- Cons: Only slightly more sleeping width per person than a full. Some bedding is sold as “Full/Queen” and may not perfectly fit either size.
Sometimes referred to as an “Eastern King” and offers the same width per person as a twin. A king mattress uses two twin extra long sized box springs.
Approx. width per person: 39″
- Pros: Widest standard bed available. Comfortably sleeps 2 adults. Sheets are easy to find.
- Cons: Large size makes it difficult to fit up stairs and into smaller rooms. Bedding is more expensive than other standard sizes.
Also known as a “Western King” mattress. This may be the preferred choice of taller adults and adds a foot in width and four inches in length to the standard queen.
Approx. width per person: 36″
- Pros: More length to accommodate a taller person. Ample width for two adults.
- Cons: Challenging to move up and down stairs and from room to room. Bedding is expensive in king sizes. Sheets are more available on the West Coast and may be difficult to find in other parts of the country.
Now that you’re armed with the info you need to make the most informed decision, it’s time to shop for and try out mattresses! Bounce on over to Suburban for the most knowledgeable sales staff AND take advantage of our Fourth of July sale! Up to 67% off furniture & more storewide, interest-free until 2022, plus instant free delivery rebate – to say it’s all a bargain would be an understatement. This sale won’t last forever, so stop by soon!