Category Archives: Sales and Promotions
Did you know that the the first income tax suggested in the United States was during the War of 1812? It was never imposed though because a treaty was signed, thus ending the war (and the taxes were to support the war). Then there was the Tax Act of 1861 that was passed but never put into force. Then came the Tax Act of 1862 which was both passed AND enforced but which a ton of people just kind of ignored…then came the Tax Act of 1864…and finally there was the 16th Amendment in 1913 allowing Congress the authority to tax the citizenry on income from whatever source derived. Just a little history lesson for tax season! Which leads us to…
We decided that since it’s tax season, you guys deserve a little break. That’s why we’ve currently slashed prices on America’s top-name furniture and mattress maker! It’s all part of our IRS (Inventory Reduction Sale) Event. We have AWESOME savings on everything from living rooms to dining rooms to bedrooms and more! And as an extra bonus, you won’t have to pay interest for THREE WHOLE YEARS!
So come on down and get this cheerful spring rug to brighten up your place!
Bring the outdoors inside with this unique silver tree stump stool!
Or use your tax refund and go golden with this sweet accessory set!
No matter your choice or style, we’re guaranteed to have something perfect for you. You can count on it! Now make sure you’ve got those taxes finished, then come down to see us!
Happy 2018, guys! We hope you all had very happy New Year’s!
At the start of each new year, we make promises to ourselves (and sometimes others) to do better or be better; to start new habits or break old ones; essentially to become a new us for the new year. The practice dates back 4,000 years to the Babylonians who celebrated their new year (in mid-March) with a HUGE 12-day festival where they made promises to the gods to pay their debts and return any borrowed objects. If they kept their word, the gods would bestow favor upon them (and if not, they’d fall out of favor – yikes!). After them came the Romans who tweaked the practice to promise good conduct for the year and to reflect back on the previous year. New year’s resolutions took a couple of more twists and turns to get from there to what we know them as now but it’s still the same basic idea – new year, new you.
We say, if you get the opportunity to start fresh in the new year, shouldn’t your home too? We think so! Reflect back on what all happened in your home in the past year and consider whether it deserves a fresh look in the new year as well. If you’re like us and think change in the new year is great, then you’re in luck because we’re starting 2018 off right with our annual WINTER HALF-OFF SALE!
That’s right, you heard us, half-off. Like, 50%. And did we mention that EVERYTHING is up to half-off? Cause it is! (Don’t say we never give you anything nice!) Plus we’re offering…*whispers* 6 months interest-free financing. We are very serious about this new year, new home thing. This means you can go wild and redecorate your living room or your bedroom or your office or your bathroom or get a new entertainment center or…or really anything! You can even just do a small facelift and grab some colorful throw pillows and rugs to help get you through a dreary winter. The store is your oyster.
So stop by one of our stores today to freshen up your home for the new year and our salespeople will help you find the PERFECT items. This is definitely one opportunity you don’t want to miss. Here’s to 2018 and all the beautiful changes it’ll bring us! (Oh, and here’s to maybe, hopefully, sticking to those resolutions.) Cheers!
It’s the holiday season once again which means tons of gatherings, oodles of funs, reindeers, eggnog, and for a majority of people the fine art of gift-giving (and gift-buying, ha). Even though it’s technically a bit early, we couldn’t wait any longer to reveal our gift for all of you – this holiday season our gift to you is FIVE full YEARS INTEREST-FREE financing! (You guys deserve nothing but the best, trust us!) Whether you use our gift to make your home a little homier or regift it by purchasing a gift for another, we know you’ll use it well. This offer does end December 17th though, so hurry in!
- No matter what your favorite style is Suburban Furniture has it, and now it’s easier than ever to find your style at Suburban! Now you can easily shop by style on our new “shop by style” page and choose among the following to find exactly what you want:
- Contemporary – Contemporary style proves that less is more. Contemporary consists of simple silhouettes, sleek lines, a clean & fresh look with a metropolitan feel, and leans towards glass tops, rich wood tones, and high sheen finishes.
- Casual – Casual style proves that looks aren’t everything! Casual furniture puts comfort first and is designed for everyday use.
- Traditional – Traditional style is the one we all know and love from times gone by. It consists of intricate molding and curves and makes your home appear sophisticated and refined.
- Transitional – Simple meets sophisticated sums up transitional style! You’ll find a mix of finishes, materials, and fabrics, plus clean lines and interesting textures.
- Mid-Century Modern – Mid-century modern is the style for you if “Mad Men” is your jam. Inspired by 50s, 60s, and 70s pop culture, this retro-modern style is both playful AND sophisticated.
- Cottage – No actual cottage needed for this style! Cottage style is pretty and light and feminine at heart.
- Rustic – Rustic style is pretty much exactly what it sounds like – weathered wood, distressed metal, and all-natural charm.
- Drop by on Labor Day and enjoy store-wide savings up to 50% off, instant sales tax rebate, 5 years interest-free, and free delivery!
We’ve been talking about the importance of healthy sleep lately (are you better rested yet?). Now that you know the basics of good sleep, what’s the next step? Finding the perfect mattress, of course! You spend a lot of time in bed, so it is important to choose a mattress that will help you get the best night’s sleep possible. Mattress size will be a major factor in your decision, but there are several other things to consider while you browse for the ideal mattress for your bedroom—room size, the amount of sleeping space you require, and a person’s height to name a few. Let’s take a look at some mattress info!
Also known as a “single” mattress. Great in children’s rooms and smaller bedrooms. A narrow bed that is easy to move and fits almost anywhere.
Approx. width per person: 39″
- Pros: Fits in smaller bedrooms. Sheets are less expensive than for other sized beds.
- Cons: Too short for many adults.
Five inches longer than the standard twin and typically used in college dorms. Easy to move from room to room and great for taller teens.
Approx. width per person: 39″
- Pros: Longer length is great for taller teens and adults.
- Cons: Bedding can be harder to find and available patterns may be limited.
Sometimes called a “Double” mattress. Wider than a twin, but still limits sleeping space for two adults.
Approx. width per person: 27″
- Pros: Fits into smaller rooms. Sheets are less expensive than queen or king size.
- Cons: Considered by many to be too narrow for two adults. At 75″ in length, may be too short for some.
Longer and wider than a full, a queen is more accommodating for two adults. A good choice for smaller master bedrooms.
Approx. width per person: 30″
- Pros: Better fit for two adults. Plenty of length for most adults. Bedding is easy to find.
- Cons: Only slightly more sleeping width per person than a full. Some bedding is sold as “Full/Queen” and may not perfectly fit either size.
Sometimes referred to as an “Eastern King” and offers the same width per person as a twin. A king mattress uses two twin extra long sized box springs.
Approx. width per person: 39″
- Pros: Widest standard bed available. Comfortably sleeps 2 adults. Sheets are easy to find.
- Cons: Large size makes it difficult to fit up stairs and into smaller rooms. Bedding is more expensive than other standard sizes.
Also known as a “Western King” mattress. This may be the preferred choice of taller adults and adds a foot in width and four inches in length to the standard queen.
Approx. width per person: 36″
- Pros: More length to accommodate a taller person. Ample width for two adults.
- Cons: Challenging to move up and down stairs and from room to room. Bedding is expensive in king sizes. Sheets are more available on the West Coast and may be difficult to find in other parts of the country.
Now that you’re armed with the info you need to make the most informed decision, it’s time to shop for and try out mattresses! Bounce on over to Suburban for the most knowledgeable sales staff AND take advantage of our Fourth of July sale! Up to 67% off furniture & more storewide, interest-free until 2022, plus instant free delivery rebate – to say it’s all a bargain would be an understatement. This sale won’t last forever, so stop by soon!
Don’t just spring clean this year – clean UP with our Spring Clean Up Sale! You can give your entire home a new look this spring for only PENNIES a day AND get interest-free financing until 2022! Has that spring cleaning bug bitten you now? So get a new, cozy loveseat; or a mattress that helps you sleep better; the perfect desk for your teen; or a fabulous TV stand for that new screen you got over the holidays. (Real talk – at these prices, you can get them ALL!) Drop by our website or one of our convenient locations today to chat with our friendly sales support and stock up for the entire year.
Do you like choices? Of course you do! We all like choices in life, so this spring we’ve decided to offer you TWO great offers! If you choose Door #1, you get 50% off your purchase (yes, you read that right – ½ off!). If you choose Door #2, you get 5 years of interest-free financing! Oohhh….decisions, decisions….which one will you choose?
“In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes.” ~Benjamin Franklin
Well, now you can add our IRS sale to that list! That’s right – our fabulous IRS (aka “Inventory Reducation Sale”) is back again, not only with huge savings on: living rooms, dining rooms, bedrooms, mattresses & more, but also with you paying NO interest for THREE (3) WHOLE YEARS! (We went a little wild; we admit it.) Drop by and save a bundle before our extra inventory is gone!
The year has barely begun and we’ve already got savings galore! How? Because our most popular sales event, our Winter Sale, is happening now, just in time for the indoor season! What IS the Winter Sale you ask? Oh, just everything in the store being ½ off, is all. No really, we’re not joking. Take a look below!
Don’t like what you see in the store? Not a problem – we can custom order whatever you’d like! Our passion for pattern and color will infuse your home with style. We believe in offering great value to our customers, which means a great selection of high quality furniture at fair prices and attentive service including our custom order capabilities. We offer hundreds of fabrics including luxurious leather in colors that will span your imagination. Local family ownership works alongside our employees to make sure you get the expert custom-order service and customer care you expect: from the selecting process all the way through to white-glove delivery on our own trucks.
Walking through the Suburban Furniture doors gets you one step closer to your perfectly designed home. Drop by one of our several stores or browse our online selection today!