Category Archives: General
This Thanksgiving, we at Suburban Furniture are thankful for our many customers and all the opportunities this year has brought. Without all of you, we wouldn’t have been able to serve Roxbury Township, Morris, Warren and Sussex County and Northern New Jersey areas for these past 50+ years. We are forever grateful to you all for your loyalty and consideration. We’re also grateful to have the opportunity to give back to our local community whenever possible, like the food drive we held this past summer to serve Roxbury Social Services in Succasunna. A HUGE thank you to you all for making all we do possible!
We hope you, your family, & friends have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday that holds plenty to be thankful for.
Happy Thanksgiving! ~Suburban Furniture
This Black Friday take advantage of our HUGE sale! Get gifts for family & friends or do that home makeover you’ve been wanting for ages – either way the savings are remarkable. Our Black Friday sale offers storewide savings up to 50% off PLUS more great holiday offers including instant free sales tax rebate; instate free delivery rebate; and interest-free purchases for 5 years! And if you’re an early bird, show up between 8-10AM for our double sales tax rebate. This is one major sale you can’t afford to miss out on.
Doors open at 8AM on Friday, November 29th, so be sure to show up early and take advantage of one of our biggest sale yet!
Make your bedroom extra cozy for winter with one of our bedroom sets like this Savona Queen Bedroom Group by American Drew. Featuring exceptional storage space, as well as rustic and contemporary accents, the unique furnishings showcases exquisite design and craftsmanship. Perfect for your trendy home, these timeless pieces will serve you well for years to come.
Combine entertainment & warmth with a tv stand/fireplace combo like our Harlinton Contemporary Two-Tone Large TV Stand with Fireplace Insert by Signature Design by Ashley. Featuring a built-in electric fireplace that can be controlled with the touch of a button, this item provides a safer alternative to a traditional wood-burning fireplace.
Or just make relaxing on the sofa with a good book during the cold months all the much easier with an extra comfortable sofa like our Posh Contemporary Chaise Sectional by Jackson Furniture. This sectional brings both contemporary style and comfort to your living room. The plump cushions and throw pillows ensure every seat is a cozy place to relax.
We can’t wait to see you November 29th, starting at 8AM, for our Black Friday sale! Enjoy the savings!
When it comes to getting your home ready for cooler weather, it’s not just the interior of which you should take stock. Taking care of the outside of your home is equally important. Performing just a few bits of home maintenance on your home can save you costly repairs later on. Get a jump on these tips to save time & money!
- Prepare your fireplace. If you’re one of the people who use their fireplaces more than central heat during the colder months, it’s a must to get your fireplace in shape. Start with having your chimney cleaned, then make sure the damper and flue are operating properly.
- Clean your gutters.Once the leaves have finished falling, it’s time to clean out your gutters. So many issues involving water in the basement come about because of clogged gutters. Clear out leaves, dirt, and other detritus, then examine downspouts for damage.
- Check for leaky faucets.A leaky faucet can lead to a busted pipe in the middle of winter – never a good time. Finding any issues before the weather turns super cold will save you a lot of trouble!
- Inspect the boiler & furnace.Go ahead and find a reputable heating company before the cold hits & they all get booked up, then have them take a look at your boiler & furnace to avoid either blowing out in the dead of winter.
- Examine your property.As lovely as snow looks, once it’s down on the ground it can cause a myriad of problems. Snowfall on cracked walkways or loose pavement can be a definite health hazard, so now is the time to walk around your property to see if anything needs to be fixed.
- Invest in a generator.If you don’t already have a generator, now is a good time to think about getting one. By now you’ve likely gone through one or more instances of living in a home without power for days at a time (Sandy, anyone?) – a generator will make another storm blackout that much easier to deal with.
- Change the filters in your home.Keep your family healthier during the colder months by changing out your air filters, plus filters in the stove vent, dryer vent, and room fans.
- Make your home energy-efficient. Repair any cracked windows, check for drafty doorways & caulk if necessary, and add insulation to keep your house warmer during the fall & winter and to cut down on heating costs.
- Bring your outdoor furniture inside.Don’t leave your patio furniture outside during the winter. Clean it all off, then store in a dry area for the next few months to avoid damage.
- Reverse your ceiling fans.Having your fans running clockwise after you’ve turned on the heat will create an updraft that pushes heated air from the ceiling down into the room (super-helpful in rooms with high ceilings). This simple tip might also enable you to turn your thermostat down a couple of degrees!
Taking care of the outside of your home before the weather cools off will help keep the inside of your home (and everything in it) better protected. By heading off busted pipes, blown out furnaces, dirty gutters, and potential tripping hazards outside, you’ll save the precious time & money you would’ve spent doing things like de-flooding your basement, buying new furniture to replaced the ruined, or having to temporarily live in the cold. Take a couple of hours to do the above tips and keep your family happier, healthier, and safer this fall and winter!
Suburban Furniture’s most popular sale is back just in time for fall weather and the move to more time indoors! Right now our entire store is up to 1/2 OFF, plus we’re offering 6 months interest-free financing! Think about all the wonderful things you can add to your home to make the fall and winter months cozier.
Heat things up with a fireplace like this shabby chic fireplace mantel with LED fireplace insert!
Warm up any room with a new rug such as this cosmopolitan rug by Surya.
Upgrade your entertainment stand and enjoy the rest of football season with this entertainment center featuring faux crocodile leather drawer fronts, soft-closing drawer glides, and six fixed shelves that all have a cord access hole for seamless set up of electronics.
No matter what you need for the new season, Suburban Furniture is bound to have it and the current 1/2 OFF sale is one you can’t afford to miss. Drop by our store and talk with any of our reps and find exactly what you want!
Welcome to May, also known as “Better Sleep Month”! (But really, shouldn’t every month be a better sleep month?) If you’re like most Americans you either aren’t getting enough sleep or you aren’t getting quality sleep – both of which have a huge impact upon your life. In fact, 8 out of 10 people say they would feel better if they got more sleep. What does good quality sleep do for you?
We can tell you what the lack of it can do. Inadequate sleep can increase your blood pressure and cause your body to become more stressed. Poor sleep can also create brain fog, increase irritability, cause mood swings, and weaken the immune system. It creates a lack of productivity and decline in judgement in the work place. And serious sleep problems cause issues like restless leg syndrome, sleep apnea, and insomnia. Yikes.
There are A LOT of factors that can interrupt your sleep and cause you to sleep poorly. The most common one is, of course, stress. Stress can manifest in different ways such as family drama, trouble with friends, break-ups, financial worries, and anxiety in general (let’s face it, we can all find something to be anxious about at any given time). Physical factors can also disrupt your sleep – factors such as body aches & pain, a frequent need to urinate, or snoring from a partner. Then there are external factors – caffeine intake (especially close to bedtime), how light or dark the room is, room temperature, and noise. Looking at it this way, it seems like there’s a lot keeping us from sleep.
BUT there are plenty of ways to change things up and create an environment in which you can sleep well. The whole aim of “Better Sleep Month” is to encourage people to establish better sleep patterns after all! Here are some fabulous tips from the Better Sleep Council designed to help you get a good night’s rest.
- Make a sleep schedule and stick to it. We’re talking going to bed and waking up at the same time each & every day, including weekends. This helps your body find its natural rhythm and settle into a consistent sleep-wake cycle.
- Exercise regularly – just not in the two hours before bedtime. Exercise will wake you up which is what you want to avoid.
- Don’t eat large meals right before bed. Going to bed while your body is digesting a large meal can lead to problems like heartburn and indigestion.
- Do something relaxing before bed. Instead of stimulating activities that will wake you up, do some light reading or meditating, just whatever you find relaxes you.
- That said – turn off the television and other screens an hour before bed. “But I find TV relaxing!”…”How can I read without my Kindle?”…yes, well, the light your screens give off affects the production of melatonin in your body – and melatonin is one of the sleep-inducing chemicals your brain produces. So, unfortunately, electronic devices close to bedtime are a bad idea.
- Something else to avoid before bed? Alcohol and nicotine. A glass of wine before bed may help you relax, but it will actually disrupt your sleep because it reduces REM sleep (the most important kind). And nicotine is a stimulant.
- Re-evaluate your mattress every 7 years to make sure it’s still giving you the same level of comfort and firmness. If your mattress has become saggy, lumpy, or uncomfortable in any way, it clearly will not make for a good night’s sleep. If you find it lacking, go get a new one that provides ultimate comfort.
- Replace your pillow once a year. Pillows are important – they provide neck support. Make sure yours is doing it’s job.
- Create the optimal sleep environment. Make sure your room is dark as it can be (black out blinds help here), make sure you have enough room in the bed if you share with a partner (or pet!), and make sure the temperature is right.
- Remember it’s the quality of your sleep, not necessarily how much you get that determines how rested you are. Many experts believe between 7 1/2 & 8 1/2 hours of sleep are needed each night, but studies have shown that people who sleep between 6 & 7 hours a night might actually live longer. And 6 hours of quality sleep will always be better than 8 hours of poor sleep!
A good night’s rest is vitally important to good health, so we hope these tips help you reach your perfect night’s sleep! Believe us, you’ll notice a difference. Not only will your physical & mental health improve, but some people even think better sleep helps spark their creativity and improves their memory. Pretty powerful!
And if it’s a mattress that’s the cause of your sleep issues, we are more than happy to help you out. Our mattress center, Everything Sleep, in Succasunna has your mattress needs covered. We offer great mattresses at amazing prices + our sleep experts will help you find the mattress that’s right size and comfort level for you. Together we’ll find the perfect fit. Happy sleeping!
We have exciting news! We here at Suburban Furniture are pleased to announce the opening of our brand new furniture warehouse outlet in Randolph, NJ. Now you can shop every Saturday and Sunday 10AM to 5PM for close-outs, manager’s specials, floor samples, discontinued items, special buys, factory samples, and one-of-a-kind (or few-of-a-kind) items. All of that include recliners, sofas, dinettes, outdoor furniture, bedroom sets, sectionals, mattresses, and the rest of your favorite furniture items.
Come visit us at 5 Aspen Drive (in the Aspen Ice Complex) in Randolph, NJ to celebrate with us as we offer low prices, fabulous furniture finds, and amazing offers. Get a little, get a lot. Grab a recliner or buy an entire bedroom suite. Add a little color to your home. Whatever your needs & wants you’ll be able to find it here and our customer service team will be able to help you out in anyway you need.
Have questions? Give us a call at (973) 972-7100!
As 2019 draws nearer, we’d like to wish you and your families a very happy holiday season filled with happiness and fun. May your holidays be bright and your new year bring everything for which you hope!
2018 has been a wonderful year here at Suburban Furniture and we couldn’t have done it without all of you, our amazing & wonderful customers. We’re incredibly lucky to get to have an impact on people’s lives – not only with each piece of furniture we sell but also by our continued service in our community via charitable contributions and more. And we are lucky to be able to do what we love year after year – providing stunning designer furniture at affordable prices – and are entirely grateful for your support. Thank you for shopping at Suburban Furniture!
It’s that time of year once again – time for the putting away of the old and the breaking out of the new. New resolutions, new ideas, new goals, new furniture…here at Suburban Furniture that means it’s time for our Year-End Clearance Sale! We need to clear out our store to make way for all the newness of 2019 and you guys are the beneficiaries.
Starting December 19th, you can enjoy storewide savings of up to 67% off as we make way for new furniture – new models, new fabrics, and, as always, financing is available! It’s time to grab up everything you need for 2019 from dining tables to sofas to end tables to mattresses. From factory closeouts to overstocked furniture, you’ll be overwhelmed by the many deals. (Our incredibly helpful salespeople and staff will be around to help you out so you’re not too overwhelmed though!)
BUT our Year-End Clearance Sale only lasts till January 6, 2019, so be sure to make stopping by our store one of your New Year’s resolutions! This is one last sale of 2018 that you don’t want to miss out on.
Suburban Furniture has been serving the Roxbury Township, Morris, Warren and Sussex County and Northern New Jersey areas for over 50 years. Our customers value us for our large selection, beautiful showroom, fair prices and immediate delivery. Still family owned after 50 years we are committed to providing a unique, family friendly, comfortable place to shop for your home. Our caring staff, combined with affordable, in-stock furniture will help you furnish your home in hours, not months.
Getting married isn’t just planning a wedding, it’s planning a new life & new home. That’s why Suburban Furniture will be at the following upcoming bridal shows waiting to talk to you about the best furniture for your future! With a 4.7 Google rating, you’ll find we’re great listeners and problem solvers, with a team of designers to help you make your most beautiful home ever. So, if you’re getting married, you’re invited to join us at:
November 14th @ 7PM
The Mansion at Mountain Lakes
Mountain Lakes, NJ
November 18th @ 1PM
Crystal Springs Country Club
Join us at these bridal shows (which are free to attend!) and we’ll start you off on your new home life with a free homeowner gift bag, pillows, gift cards, AND a chance to win a Sealy Posturpedic mattress PLUS free in-home design consultation. It’s a great way to start your journey. And by trying our latest Sealy Hybrid mattress and adjustable lifestyle base at our booth, you’ll earn an EXTRA chance to win!
Getting married is an important step in the adventure of your life and we’d love to help you on your way. We’re excited to see you at one or both of these bridal shows so we can offer our services and expertise as you plan your new life. Grab more information about the bridal shows HERE or HERE. And congratulations on your upcoming nuptials!