2020 is three months in already – have you taken a look at the furniture trends that will be happening this year? Whatever your personal style, you’ll likely be able to find a new trend that you adore. Check out what’s happening this year in the furniture world and find your new obsession!
- Sustainable/Natural Furniture Materials: Earth-friendly furniture will be big this year. You’ll be finding more and more furniture made with cane, wicker, rattan, and bamboo popping up!
- Menswear Inspired: This trend will take the classic neutral palette to the next level. Incorporating texture and subtle patterns with industrial-inspired designs and materials such as leather, denim, and dark wood this trend will add a visually interesting look to any room.
- Made-to-Order: If you’re tired of having furniture that looks similar to everyone else’s and have been looking for something new, this is your year. More and more buyers have been looking for customized pieces so commissioning one-of-a-kind items will take off this year!
- Multi-functional Furniture: This style of furniture was designed with small living spaces in mind, but can be used anywhere to save space and make use of design elements such as hidden storage or charging ports.
- Go Blue: Pantone, whose products and services help define, communicate and control color from inspiration to realization, named “Classic Blue” as its Color of the Year. Previews of furniture for 2020 show furniture in an abundance of different blue, so grab a blue accent piece and stay on-trend.
- Curved furniture: Ditch that rectangular sofa and go for soft, romantic curves instead! Designers are moving away from structured styles and heading towards curved & asymmetrical pieces that make for softer environments.
These are just a handful of the furniture trends you’ll see pop up this year, so take a look around and find what variance of new works best for you. And be sure to stop by our website or one of our stores to find the perfect on-trend item for your space!