Monthly Archives: May 2019
Hey, we’re always telling you how awesome we are – how we have the best brands and greatest selection, how our customer service is top notch and our prices can’t be beat – but don’t just take our word for it! Listen to our customers and what they have to say – they’d know better than us, right? Here’s the word on the street:
“I loved this place. There’s wonderful sales associates for example Fernando. He gave us a layout of the store. As we walked around he was always available for any questions and wasn’t on top of every move we made. He made it possible for us to take our new living room set and dinning table as soon as possible. He was very funny and we enjoyed our time there. We appreciate his patience.” ~Xochitl
Thanks, Xochitl! We hope you’re loving the new living room set & dining table! (P.S. Fernando’s glad you enjoyed his humor.)
“This is the third purchase we have made with Suburban Furniture. We are always provided with great customer service at the store. The furniture is exactly as expected and delivered in a timely manner. The delivery men were courteous and respectful of our home. I highly recommend this store for your next furniture purchase.” ~Annemarie & Rob
Thank you so much for the great review, guys! (And for continuing to shop at Suburban) You guys are majorly appreciated!
“This was my first time ordering from Suburban. Scott was helpful and always responded to my email questions with a phone call. Delivery was set up for 12-3 pm. Received an email that allowed me to see what stop number I was and track the truck. It arrived right on time. They brought in my new kitchen set and offered to put pads on the bottom of the table and chairs so as not to scratch the floor. What service! Showed me how to open the table and built in leaf. Were professional and courteous. I was so impressed with this experience. Even received a follow up call from the store to see if everything was OK. Suburban, you are my new go to place to shop. Thank You.” ~Christine
Christine, you have totally made our day! We’re so happy we got to help you with your new kitchen set & to have you as a customer. Thanks!
“We had done a major home renovation and needed help with finding the perfect couch for our family room. We needed help with scale and fit within our space. We worked with Paul and Suzie from Suburban Furniture and loved our experience. For a small deposit both Paul and Suzie came to our home to look at our layout and color combinations in our home. They put this together and we met with them a week later to put together the best fitting couch for the space. Working with these two made this process of fabric selecting and couch configurations fun! We have ordered our couch and now are waiting for delivery. We would highly recommended Suburban Furniture for quality service. They are the best!” ~Laura
Suzie & Paul are aces at pulling a room together; we’re glad they were able to help you with yours (and made it fun in the process). Thanks so much, Laura!
Like we said, don’t take it from us. Take the word of all those happy customers (who particularly enjoyed our fabulous customer service). We’re here to make your life a little simpler. Period. So let us. Drop by our Memorial Day Sale this weekend to see us in action & pick up great furniture at fabulous savings!
Welcome to May, also known as “Better Sleep Month”! (But really, shouldn’t every month be a better sleep month?) If you’re like most Americans you either aren’t getting enough sleep or you aren’t getting quality sleep – both of which have a huge impact upon your life. In fact, 8 out of 10 people say they would feel better if they got more sleep. What does good quality sleep do for you?
We can tell you what the lack of it can do. Inadequate sleep can increase your blood pressure and cause your body to become more stressed. Poor sleep can also create brain fog, increase irritability, cause mood swings, and weaken the immune system. It creates a lack of productivity and decline in judgement in the work place. And serious sleep problems cause issues like restless leg syndrome, sleep apnea, and insomnia. Yikes.
There are A LOT of factors that can interrupt your sleep and cause you to sleep poorly. The most common one is, of course, stress. Stress can manifest in different ways such as family drama, trouble with friends, break-ups, financial worries, and anxiety in general (let’s face it, we can all find something to be anxious about at any given time). Physical factors can also disrupt your sleep – factors such as body aches & pain, a frequent need to urinate, or snoring from a partner. Then there are external factors – caffeine intake (especially close to bedtime), how light or dark the room is, room temperature, and noise. Looking at it this way, it seems like there’s a lot keeping us from sleep.
BUT there are plenty of ways to change things up and create an environment in which you can sleep well. The whole aim of “Better Sleep Month” is to encourage people to establish better sleep patterns after all! Here are some fabulous tips from the Better Sleep Council designed to help you get a good night’s rest.
- Make a sleep schedule and stick to it. We’re talking going to bed and waking up at the same time each & every day, including weekends. This helps your body find its natural rhythm and settle into a consistent sleep-wake cycle.
- Exercise regularly – just not in the two hours before bedtime. Exercise will wake you up which is what you want to avoid.
- Don’t eat large meals right before bed. Going to bed while your body is digesting a large meal can lead to problems like heartburn and indigestion.
- Do something relaxing before bed. Instead of stimulating activities that will wake you up, do some light reading or meditating, just whatever you find relaxes you.
- That said – turn off the television and other screens an hour before bed. “But I find TV relaxing!”…”How can I read without my Kindle?”…yes, well, the light your screens give off affects the production of melatonin in your body – and melatonin is one of the sleep-inducing chemicals your brain produces. So, unfortunately, electronic devices close to bedtime are a bad idea.
- Something else to avoid before bed? Alcohol and nicotine. A glass of wine before bed may help you relax, but it will actually disrupt your sleep because it reduces REM sleep (the most important kind). And nicotine is a stimulant.
- Re-evaluate your mattress every 7 years to make sure it’s still giving you the same level of comfort and firmness. If your mattress has become saggy, lumpy, or uncomfortable in any way, it clearly will not make for a good night’s sleep. If you find it lacking, go get a new one that provides ultimate comfort.
- Replace your pillow once a year. Pillows are important – they provide neck support. Make sure yours is doing it’s job.
- Create the optimal sleep environment. Make sure your room is dark as it can be (black out blinds help here), make sure you have enough room in the bed if you share with a partner (or pet!), and make sure the temperature is right.
- Remember it’s the quality of your sleep, not necessarily how much you get that determines how rested you are. Many experts believe between 7 1/2 & 8 1/2 hours of sleep are needed each night, but studies have shown that people who sleep between 6 & 7 hours a night might actually live longer. And 6 hours of quality sleep will always be better than 8 hours of poor sleep!
A good night’s rest is vitally important to good health, so we hope these tips help you reach your perfect night’s sleep! Believe us, you’ll notice a difference. Not only will your physical & mental health improve, but some people even think better sleep helps spark their creativity and improves their memory. Pretty powerful!
And if it’s a mattress that’s the cause of your sleep issues, we are more than happy to help you out. Our mattress center, Everything Sleep, in Succasunna has your mattress needs covered. We offer great mattresses at amazing prices + our sleep experts will help you find the mattress that’s right size and comfort level for you. Together we’ll find the perfect fit. Happy sleeping!