We love telling you more about some of the brands we carry and we hope you enjoy learning more about some of your favorite brands as well! Today we’d like to tell you a little more about Artisan. Sit back, relax and have a closer look at Artisan!
Looking for comfort in a down-home style? Then Artisan is the brand for you! Their unique style is characterized by the variety of materials they use, such as wrought iron, real copper and zinc, and exotic woods including mango and parota wood. All of their pieces feature mortise and tenon joinery on solid wood frames, solid wood drawers, ball bearing glides (bedroom collections), and special features like microfiber lining on top drawers of bedroom case-pieces. With an experienced operation specialized in hand-crafted, old-world looks, you can make sure you are obtaining the best value in hand-crafted, unique pieces!
They also try to be good for the environment! Over the last couple of years, they’ve been adding several automatic mills and two Italian Kiln dryers (which enables them to source different types of woods. That keeps their raw material sourcing unique and their product line fresh!) For example, products made under the sustainable woods collections are handcrafted from Mango wood. This timber comes from the Pacific and Atlantic coasts of Mexico. In fact, they recently purchased dozens of acres of Mango tree farm lands that were no longer productive for the food industry and turned them into beautiful furniture pieces. By taking advantage of other industry’s by-products, they lower the impact in our environment.
Fall = lounging late in pjs, curling up with good books and coffee, and marathon Netflix binges as the weather gets chillier. For that you’ll need the perfect recliner! Luckily, there are so many types and features on recliners these days that you’ll have no problem finding your perfect fit. Get comfy while take a look at all the options available!
First, you’ll need to chose the type of recliner you want. There are 3 types to choose from: standard, high-leg, and lift. The standard recliner is just as it sounds – the typical recliner you know that moves into 2 or 3 positions. High-leg recliners are a bit more stylish than the standard and because most have a pushback feature, it means no visible handle for a cleaner look. And finally, the lift recliner not only reclines but lifts you from a sitting position to a standing position.
After you choose your type, next come the features (the fun part!). Mostly you’ll find these 8 features:
1. Rocker or Glider Base – has a motion feature so you can rock.
2. Swivel Base – allows you to turn in all directions.
3. Massage – (our personal fave!) grab a massage while you catch up on “Game of Thrones”; can come with or without a heat feature.
4. Big & Tall – extra large recliners designed to hold more weight than the average recliner.
5. Wall Hugger – if you live in a tiny space, this feature is for you; allows you to place the recliner much closer to the wall, only a few inches, to save space.
6. Lay flat – if you’re constantly falling asleep in your recliner, you need this; reclines to a flat position.
7. Built-in USB Charger – yes, really.
8. Power – with this feature you don’t have to worry with levers or handles, just push a button and you’re on your way to relaxation.
There are, of course, other options to decide when picking your amazing, wonderful recliner like the size of your space, whether it’s pet-friendly, and what kind of fabric you want. But with so many choices, it’d be hard to go wrong! Drop by your local Suburban Furniture today to get yours!
- No matter what your favorite style is Suburban Furniture has it, and now it’s easier than ever to find your style at Suburban! Now you can easily shop by style on our new “shop by style” page and choose among the following to find exactly what you want:
- Contemporary – Contemporary style proves that less is more. Contemporary consists of simple silhouettes, sleek lines, a clean & fresh look with a metropolitan feel, and leans towards glass tops, rich wood tones, and high sheen finishes.
- Casual – Casual style proves that looks aren’t everything! Casual furniture puts comfort first and is designed for everyday use.
- Traditional – Traditional style is the one we all know and love from times gone by. It consists of intricate molding and curves and makes your home appear sophisticated and refined.
- Transitional – Simple meets sophisticated sums up transitional style! You’ll find a mix of finishes, materials, and fabrics, plus clean lines and interesting textures.
- Mid-Century Modern – Mid-century modern is the style for you if “Mad Men” is your jam. Inspired by 50s, 60s, and 70s pop culture, this retro-modern style is both playful AND sophisticated.
- Cottage – No actual cottage needed for this style! Cottage style is pretty and light and feminine at heart.
- Rustic – Rustic style is pretty much exactly what it sounds like – weathered wood, distressed metal, and all-natural charm.
- Drop by on Labor Day and enjoy store-wide savings up to 50% off, instant sales tax rebate, 5 years interest-free, and free delivery!
Hey, we’re always telling you how awesome we are – how we have the best brands and greatest selection, how our customer service is top notch and our prices can’t be beat – but don’t just take our word for it! Listen to our customers and what they have to say – they’d know better than us, right? Here’s the word on the street:
My husband and I recently purchased a living room sectional and two recliner chairs, We are very pleased with our purchases. We had bought 2 recliners 18 months ago. They were terrible. They were difficult to use and did not stay in the reclining position. We spent a great deal of time at Suburban finding just the right one. Actually we had a couple that we were interested in, all American made. We are super happy with our choice. They are very comfortable, really soft micro fiber fabric. We were able to choose our fabric at no additional cost, plus we were able to have them made in swivel recliner style. Our sectional is exactly what we wanted. Elise spent a great deal of time with us helping us make our decision. The furniture was delivered at two different times and both sets of delivery men were very nice. Our driveway is 1/10th of a mile long and curvy. Both drivers backed down our driveway without going off on the side. Not an easy task at all. We will certainly return to Suburban for all of our furniture purchases! ~Sharon
Our delivery drivers are rock stars, are they not? And we’re so happy Elise was able to help you find the perfect furniture for your living room! Thanks so much for the kind words!
We purchased a king mattress, box spring, and frame from Margot Gaab yesterday evening. The choices, options, and the service were all above our expectations. The holiday sale and the knowledge of the sales staff made our purchase less painful than expected! Our mattress arrived this morning. We received an automatic phone call that told us the delivery truck was “ten minutes away.” Ten minutes later, two of the most efficient, professional truckers disassembled and removed our old bed. (And were gracious and patience and didn’t mind when we vacuumed under the bed!) Michael and Edwardo had the new bed set up, the old mattress and all the packing gone in minutes. We are extremely happy with the entire Suburban Furniture shopping experience. (A special shout-out to Gene, too!) ~Diane & Peter
Margot, Michael, Edwardo, & Gene all say THANK YOU! They were all extremely glad to be able to help out.
I recently purchased a house full of furniture for my new home. Debi and her husband Gene were so helpful with all of my selections. Everything looks great and fits perfectly. I was able to get the unique look that I was going for. All of the staff at Suburban are kind and friendly. The gentlemen delivering my furniture made it smooth and seamless. They were courteous, polite and efficient. Thanks to all! ~Teresa
No, thank YOU, Teresa! We know how important it is to get that specific look you want, especially in a brand-new home, and we’re so grateful we were able to help you achieve your vision!
Like we said, don’t take it from us. Take the word of all those happy customers (who particularly enjoyed our amazing delivery drivers!). We’re here to make your life a little simpler. Period. So let us.
Stop by our website or one of our convenient locations today to get started achieving your perfect dream home!
You’ve heard the saying “Accessories make the outfit”? It’s also true that accessories make a home! To that end, there are many more home accessories available out there than throw pillows, shag rugs, vases, and STAR WAR posters (for the “man cave”, of course). We’ve got some wonderfully & wonderfully unique accessories hanging around that we think you’ll love, so check a few out below, then head over to our site to see the rest!
First and foremost, don’t forget your furbabies! Keep them lounging in style with one of our pet beds designed for durability and comfort.
Wash away the rainy day blues with a sleek & stylish hand-forged umbrella stand.
Turn your office or library into a charming replica of BEAUTY & THE BEAST’s library with one of our library ladders! Not only will you be able to reach those top shelves finally, but you can re-enact all your favorite BATB scenes. We’ve so many colors and styles, there’s sure to be a match!
No room in the office or home for a full desk? No worries! Tilting to an ideal angle for using with your laptop, our laptop stands provide an alternative that’s ideal for moving to where you need it plus the ability to adjust the heighth.
Get decorative with a pedestal! A fabulous piece of accent furniture they add class as well as providing a comfortable perch for favorite plants.
There’s a world of possibilities when it comes to creating your dream home (an affordable world of possibilities at that), so get creative and get everything perfect down to the last, tiniest detail. Call or email us today for more ideas or drop by our Facebook page!
We’ve been talking about the importance of healthy sleep lately (are you better rested yet?). Now that you know the basics of good sleep, what’s the next step? Finding the perfect mattress, of course! You spend a lot of time in bed, so it is important to choose a mattress that will help you get the best night’s sleep possible. Mattress size will be a major factor in your decision, but there are several other things to consider while you browse for the ideal mattress for your bedroom—room size, the amount of sleeping space you require, and a person’s height to name a few. Let’s take a look at some mattress info!
Also known as a “single” mattress. Great in children’s rooms and smaller bedrooms. A narrow bed that is easy to move and fits almost anywhere.
Approx. width per person: 39″
- Pros: Fits in smaller bedrooms. Sheets are less expensive than for other sized beds.
- Cons: Too short for many adults.
Five inches longer than the standard twin and typically used in college dorms. Easy to move from room to room and great for taller teens.
Approx. width per person: 39″
- Pros: Longer length is great for taller teens and adults.
- Cons: Bedding can be harder to find and available patterns may be limited.
Sometimes called a “Double” mattress. Wider than a twin, but still limits sleeping space for two adults.
Approx. width per person: 27″
- Pros: Fits into smaller rooms. Sheets are less expensive than queen or king size.
- Cons: Considered by many to be too narrow for two adults. At 75″ in length, may be too short for some.
Longer and wider than a full, a queen is more accommodating for two adults. A good choice for smaller master bedrooms.
Approx. width per person: 30″
- Pros: Better fit for two adults. Plenty of length for most adults. Bedding is easy to find.
- Cons: Only slightly more sleeping width per person than a full. Some bedding is sold as “Full/Queen” and may not perfectly fit either size.
Sometimes referred to as an “Eastern King” and offers the same width per person as a twin. A king mattress uses two twin extra long sized box springs.
Approx. width per person: 39″
- Pros: Widest standard bed available. Comfortably sleeps 2 adults. Sheets are easy to find.
- Cons: Large size makes it difficult to fit up stairs and into smaller rooms. Bedding is more expensive than other standard sizes.
Also known as a “Western King” mattress. This may be the preferred choice of taller adults and adds a foot in width and four inches in length to the standard queen.
Approx. width per person: 36″
- Pros: More length to accommodate a taller person. Ample width for two adults.
- Cons: Challenging to move up and down stairs and from room to room. Bedding is expensive in king sizes. Sheets are more available on the West Coast and may be difficult to find in other parts of the country.
Now that you’re armed with the info you need to make the most informed decision, it’s time to shop for and try out mattresses! Bounce on over to Suburban for the most knowledgeable sales staff AND take advantage of our Fourth of July sale! Up to 67% off furniture & more storewide, interest-free until 2022, plus instant free delivery rebate – to say it’s all a bargain would be an understatement. This sale won’t last forever, so stop by soon!
Are you waking up not feeling refreshed but not struggling with pain? Your lack of sleep may be the result of something other than your mattress or pillow! Things such as light exposure can both positively or negatively affect your ability to fall asleep depending on how much exposure you’re getting, when you’re getting it, and what type of light exposure you’re getting.
Another factor that can make it harder to get a good night’s sleep is using your bed for too many things. Beds are meant to be used for very few things and your main association with the bed should be sleep. If you use your bed for things like watching TV or Reading, you start to associate it with those things and this can make it more difficult to get the recommended amount of sleep, which is 7-9 hours for most adults.
DOs and DON’Ts for building healthy sleep habits:
- Expose yourself to sunlight in the morning.
- Keep a consistent sleep schedule, even on days off.
- Avoid napping.
- Exercise daily.
- Keep your room somewhat cool.
- Give yourself time to unwind before bed. One hour of a relaxing activity such as reading is recommended. Avoid Phones, Computers and TVs.
- Expose yourself to bright light, especially blue lights, in the evenings.
- Drink alcohol before bed.
- Drink caffeine in the hours before you go to bed.
- Eat a big meal right before bed.
- Watch TV, read your phone, tablet, or books, or listen to music while in bed.
- Participate in stimulating activities before you go to bed.
Sleep pain is likely the result of a lack of proper support. This can mean anything from your mattress or pillow being worn out, to just not being the right fit for how you sleep.
1. Back Pain – Most often caused by a worn out mattress that is no longer capable of providing you with the support you need. Like slumping at your desk or while watching tv, slumping will likely cause back pain; preventing you from getting a full night’s sleep and contributing to back pain. As coils age they lose their ability to bounce back from weight being put on them night after night, resulting in a slumping mattress as they don’t have the same rigidity they once had, and need, in order to properly function.
This slumping doesn’t just apply to coil mattresses though, the same slumping issue is also true of foam mattresses. Slumping in foam mattresses is often easy to diagnose as the mattress will show visible signs of slumping while coil mattresses may not. To find the perfect mattress for your perfect night’s sleep come see our experts!
2. Neck Pain – Unlike back pain, neck pain is most commonly caused by your pillow, not your mattress. The pillow’s responsibility is to align your neck with your spine while you sleep. There are two key factors that go into why your pillow may have become a pain for your neck. The first is that the pillow has simply become worn out.
The other key factor to consider with your neck pain is did you select the right type of pillow for how you sleep? Depending on if you’re a side, back, or stomach sleeper the perfect pillow for you will change. Even the most expensive pillow can leave you waking up with pain in your neck if it doesn’t fit your sleep style. To find the perfect pillow for you, come see our experts!
Have questions about what might be causing your pain? We’re here to help! And keep following us for more info on sleep health and the importance of mattresses in the sleep equation! Ready to shop for your new mattress so you can get the best night’s sleep possible? Visit us HERE.