2020 is three months in already – have you taken a look at the furniture trends that will be happening this year? Whatever your personal style, you’ll likely be able to find a new trend that you adore. Check out what’s happening this year in the furniture world and find your new obsession!
- Sustainable/Natural Furniture Materials: Earth-friendly furniture will be big this year. You’ll be finding more and more furniture made with cane, wicker, rattan, and bamboo popping up!
- Menswear Inspired: This trend will take the classic neutral palette to the next level. Incorporating texture and subtle patterns with industrial-inspired designs and materials such as leather, denim, and dark wood this trend will add a visually interesting look to any room.
- Made-to-Order: If you’re tired of having furniture that looks similar to everyone else’s and have been looking for something new, this is your year. More and more buyers have been looking for customized pieces so commissioning one-of-a-kind items will take off this year!
- Multi-functional Furniture: This style of furniture was designed with small living spaces in mind, but can be used anywhere to save space and make use of design elements such as hidden storage or charging ports.
- Go Blue: Pantone, whose products and services help define, communicate and control color from inspiration to realization, named “Classic Blue” as its Color of the Year. Previews of furniture for 2020 show furniture in an abundance of different blue, so grab a blue accent piece and stay on-trend.
- Curved furniture: Ditch that rectangular sofa and go for soft, romantic curves instead! Designers are moving away from structured styles and heading towards curved & asymmetrical pieces that make for softer environments.
These are just a handful of the furniture trends you’ll see pop up this year, so take a look around and find what variance of new works best for you. And be sure to stop by our website or one of our stores to find the perfect on-trend item for your space!
Let’s face it, tax season is never the most fun of times. However, Suburban Furniture is here to help make things better with our annual IRS sale! During our Inventory Reduction Sale you’ll find HUGE savings on living rooms, dining rooms, bedrooms, mattresses and more with prices SLASHED on America’s top-name furniture and mattress makers. Plus, add on no interest for 3 years and you’ll be swimming in savings!
With the Suburban Furniture My Perfect Mattress diagnostic system, you can determine the mattress best suited for your body type and sleep position. This system will diagnose where your pressure points are and suggest the best comfort level for how you sleep. Plus, it can map for two people at the same time and figure out what’s best for your sleep partner as well!
Or decorate your living room with some of our many decorative ottomans and poufs like this fabulous purple Cotton Velvet 24 x 24 x 13 Cube Pouf by Surya.
Update your kitchen with an island that brings convenient functionality and a laid-back, casual look into your kitchen like this Custom Dining Kitchen Island with Pull-Out Shelf by Bassett.
No matter how you want to update your home this spring, our IRS sale will help you find exactly what you’re looking for while saving you money! Stop by today and talk to one of our amazing staff members. Happy tax season!
When the weather outside is frightful, you want to make your indoors as warm and cozy as possible. You want to get hygge (hue-gah). Created as a concept and lifestyle by the Danish in the 18th century, it’s now a core part of their culture. What exactly does it mean? There’s no single English translation for the word but it embodies “coziness” and “enjoying the simple pleasures of life”. Pretty great, huh? The word may apply to a way of life but it also embodies decor too. Here’s how to get hygge this winter!
- The main point of hygge decor is creating a peaceful, serene space that’s free of clutter. That makes the first step – streamlining. You can’t truly relax in spaces that are overwhelmed with clutter and mess. So, do a Marie Kondo and get rid of any extra items or mess you have that don’t bring you happiness.
- Whether you’re making your entire home hygge or just a few spaces within, keep in mind the color scheme shouldn’t be bright or jarring. Stick to neutral colors like light greys, browns, and creams, that promote peace and harmony for a truly relaxing space.
- What’s more relaxing and stress-relieving than nature? Bring the outdoors inside by placing a few plants around your home. Or, if you have a black thumb and are capable of killing anything green, go for adding natural materials to your space – items like leather, wood, and stone.
- We all know how important lighting is in setting a mood, so to really get into the hygge mood, bring in lots of soft lighting. Turn off harsh overhead lights in favor of items like candles (electric or put in extremely safe places!) or twinkly strings of lights. This is guaranteed to make your space look more cozy.
- Finally, indulge in the ultimate cozy comfort by adding more soft and fuzzy to your hygge areas. Surround yourself with fuzzy blankets, fluffy throw pillows, shag rugs and the like to create a relaxing space you’ll love to be in!
The hygge concept is a truly lovely one and now that you’ve created your hygge space, it’s time to grab a book and a cup of coffee or cocoa, bundle up in all the soft, and relax. You’ll have no trouble making it through the rest of winter in your incredibly cozy home!
Hey, we’re always telling you how awesome we are – how we have the best brands and greatest selection, how our customer service is top-notch and our prices can’t be beaten – but don’t just take our word for it! Listen to our customers and what they have to say – they’d know better than us, right? Here’s the word on the street:
“My husband and I purchased a sectional sofa from Suburban in 2016. After only a month, an issue came up that could not be rectified by the Vendor. Suburban stepped in and sent their own tech, free of charge, even though we were over the one year warranty. Although this still didn’t rectify the issue, Suburban worked with the Vendor to authorize a new sofa! This is why we keep going back to Suburban. The customer service is excellent. Thank you Mary Beth Politte for getting this done for us!” ~Carolyn O.
Hi Carolyn, thanks so much for the great review! We’re so happy to have been able to rectify your sofa issue!
“Hi Margot, All went well. The crew was fantastic! And everything looks beautiful! We can’t wait for the rest of the furniture to arrive! Please make sure to let someone know how wonderful the guys were today… and how great you and Paul are! Thanks!!!” ~Tamara & Steve
Hi guys, we let them know and they appreciate it! We’re glad your stuff ended up looking great!
“Recently I contacted your store because I accidentally cracked the motor that operates my recliner. You were able to look up my records and to my surprise, you told me it was covered under warranty. You gave me the phone number for MFS, the company that processes claims. Your staff is terrific. They were patient and friendly and went above and beyond to help me. MFS was also great. They kept in contact with me, sent a very nice repairman and processed claim quickly and efficiently. I would not shop anyplace else for furniture. Pleasant service and courtesy are almost lost but you guys still have it.” ~Terry K.
Thanks so much for the kind words! We’re always happy to help you fix whatever issues you might be having!
“I recently purchased a house full of furniture for my new home. Debi and her husband Gene were so helpful with all of my selections. Everything looks great and fits perfectly. I was able to get the unique look that I was going for. All of the staff at Suburban are kind and friendly. The gentlemen delivering my furniture made it smooth and seamless. They were courteous, polite and efficient. Thanks to all!” ~Teresa N.
Hi, Teresa! Debi & Gene are thrilled they could help you pick the perfect furniture for your home! Come back anytime!
Like we said, don’t take it from us. Take the word of all those happy customers (who particularly enjoyed our fabulous customer service). We’re here to make your life a little simpler. Period. So let us. Drop by our Facebook page to enter our drawing and win a shopping spree & in-home design consultation! There’s only a couple of days left!
Hello, 2020! The new year has finally arrived – what will you do with it? Perhaps you’d like to update your living room or redesign your dining room. Maybe you need a new look to go with this new year. If so, you’re in luck!
Now till January 31st, 2020, you can enter Suburban Furniture’s drawing to win:
- A FREE in-home design consultation (value: $350)
- A $2000 Suburban shopping spree
All you need to do is visit the Suburban Furniture Facebook page and a) LIKE the pinned post with the flyer for this drawing and b) LIKE the Suburban Facebook page!
How simple is that? Time is running out quickly though, so swing by our Facebook page before the end of the month and get to “liking”!
Before you know it 2020 will be here – is your home ready for a new year? Forget spring cleaning, now is the time to get your house in tip-top shape. Setting your home to rights is the perfect start to the new year and these tips will help you get ready. Read on and get a head start on a brand new year!
- Get your home ready for rough weather. December might be over and done with but there’s still a few months left of cold, snowy, icy weather. Get your home prepared for that by cleaning out gutters, weatherstripping exterior doors & windows to stop water & cold air from leaking in, and install surge protectors to make sure your electronics are safe during any storms.
- Clean your windows. The more sunshine you get inside during the winter months, the better. Deep cleaning your windows inside & out is essential. Wipe your windows down with rubbing alcohol after cleaning to make them shine even brighter!
- Go on a dusting spree. No one wants to start a new year with dust bunnies roaming around their home and making people sneeze. A thorough dusting & vacuuming session is vital to an allergy-free start to the brand new year.
- Streamline your stuff. One of the easiest & best ways to feel better about your home is to get rid of the clutter. It makes a WORLD of difference! It’s easy to accumulate stuff, but we often forget to get rid of the old stuff when we get the new. Go through each room of your home and clear out drawers & cabinets & closets, clean off counters & tabletops, and stash useful items (remotes, batteries, shoes) into some lovely baskets. Your home will thank you.
- Work out a weekly cleaning system. It’s easy to leave chores till the last minute; once dishes have piled up high enough in the sink that we can’t run the faucet, you’re kind of forced to do them or suffer consequences. But making an actual cleaning system will keep your home looking (and feeling) better. It doesn’t have to be elaborate – make sure dishes go in the dishwasher or are hand-washed every evening, make sure dirty clothes are immediately put into the hamper, try your best to bring things back to their assigned place when you’ve finished with them, focus on one type of cleaning at a time (don’t clean the entire living room, first dust everything in your home, then vacuum it all, then wipe down counters, etc – it makes cleaning go faster), and make a chore list so the whole family can pitch in!
- Make sure your home is safe. By making sure things are working properly in your home, you’ll keep your family that much safer. Check temperature & air-quality control devices and make sure they’re clean & in working order. Check your smoke & CO alarms and replace batteries if needed. Watch out for dryer lint – clean the lint trap every time you use your dryer & have your vents properly cleaned at least once a year. Make sure your family has a fire emergency plan with exits planned out. Finally, make sure you have a disaster kit on hand for storms that knock out the power for days & weeks at a time, etc.
- Lower your bills. Reducing your household costs is as easy as living a little greener. Turn off all lights when you leave the room, turn down the air/heat when you leave the house, turn off power strips when not in use and unplug appliances when not in use, and use insulation curtains to keep in heat or cool air.
The new year is the perfect time to get your home in a cleaner, safer state. It only takes a bit of time and you’ll be set!
From everyone at Suburban Furniture, we hope you have a happy & healthy New Year!
Shopping for the holidays is hard work! We’re here to make it easier with our Grand Reopening Sale. Give the gift of home this holiday season with up to 67% storewide plus no interest financing for 6 years. From home accessories to full bedroom sets, we have something for everyone on your list.
Have a young reader in your household? Get them the perfect spot for all their books with our Madison Convertible Bookcase & Hutch!
Surprise Mom with fabulous new throw pillows like our Solid Bold by Surya!
Get Dad a real beast of a recliner with our Oversized Beast Recliner by Best Home Furnishings!
Or treat yourself to a gorgeous new storage cabinet for your home office like our Vintage West Lateral File w/Acanthus Carvings!
Drop by our store today to take advantage of our Grand Reopening Sale and save big on your holiday shopping! Check out our video ad HERE!
This Thanksgiving, we at Suburban Furniture are thankful for our many customers and all the opportunities this year has brought. Without all of you, we wouldn’t have been able to serve Roxbury Township, Morris, Warren and Sussex County and Northern New Jersey areas for these past 50+ years. We are forever grateful to you all for your loyalty and consideration. We’re also grateful to have the opportunity to give back to our local community whenever possible, like the food drive we held this past summer to serve Roxbury Social Services in Succasunna. A HUGE thank you to you all for making all we do possible!
We hope you, your family, & friends have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday that holds plenty to be thankful for.
Happy Thanksgiving! ~Suburban Furniture
This Black Friday take advantage of our HUGE sale! Get gifts for family & friends or do that home makeover you’ve been wanting for ages – either way the savings are remarkable. Our Black Friday sale offers storewide savings up to 50% off PLUS more great holiday offers including instant free sales tax rebate; instate free delivery rebate; and interest-free purchases for 5 years! And if you’re an early bird, show up between 8-10AM for our double sales tax rebate. This is one major sale you can’t afford to miss out on.
Doors open at 8AM on Friday, November 29th, so be sure to show up early and take advantage of one of our biggest sale yet!
Make your bedroom extra cozy for winter with one of our bedroom sets like this Savona Queen Bedroom Group by American Drew. Featuring exceptional storage space, as well as rustic and contemporary accents, the unique furnishings showcases exquisite design and craftsmanship. Perfect for your trendy home, these timeless pieces will serve you well for years to come.
Combine entertainment & warmth with a tv stand/fireplace combo like our Harlinton Contemporary Two-Tone Large TV Stand with Fireplace Insert by Signature Design by Ashley. Featuring a built-in electric fireplace that can be controlled with the touch of a button, this item provides a safer alternative to a traditional wood-burning fireplace.
Or just make relaxing on the sofa with a good book during the cold months all the much easier with an extra comfortable sofa like our Posh Contemporary Chaise Sectional by Jackson Furniture. This sectional brings both contemporary style and comfort to your living room. The plump cushions and throw pillows ensure every seat is a cozy place to relax.
We can’t wait to see you November 29th, starting at 8AM, for our Black Friday sale! Enjoy the savings!