Fall = lounging late in pjs, curling up with good books and coffee, and marathon Netflix binges as the weather gets chillier. For that you’ll need the perfect recliner! Luckily, there are so many types and features on recliners these days that you’ll have no problem finding your perfect fit. Get comfy while take a look at all the options available!
First, you’ll need to chose the type of recliner you want. There are 3 types to choose from: standard, high-leg, and lift. The standard recliner is just as it sounds – the typical recliner you know that moves into 2 or 3 positions. High-leg recliners are a bit more stylish than the standard and because most have a pushback feature, it means no visible handle for a cleaner look. And finally, the lift recliner not only reclines but lifts you from a sitting position to a standing position.
After you choose your type, next come the features (the fun part!). Mostly you’ll find these 8 features:
1. Rocker or Glider Base – has a motion feature so you can rock.
2. Swivel Base – allows you to turn in all directions.
3. Massage – (our personal fave!) grab a massage while you catch up on “Game of Thrones”; can come with or without a heat feature.
4. Big & Tall – extra large recliners designed to hold more weight than the average recliner.
5. Wall Hugger – if you live in a tiny space, this feature is for you; allows you to place the recliner much closer to the wall, only a few inches, to save space.
6. Lay flat – if you’re constantly falling asleep in your recliner, you need this; reclines to a flat position.
7. Built-in USB Charger – yes, really.
8. Power – with this feature you don’t have to worry with levers or handles, just push a button and you’re on your way to relaxation.
There are, of course, other options to decide when picking your amazing, wonderful recliner like the size of your space, whether it’s pet-friendly, and what kind of fabric you want. But with so many choices, it’d be hard to go wrong! Drop by your local Suburban Furniture today to get yours!
We love telling you more about some of the brands we carry and we hope you’re enjoying learning more about some of your favorite brands as well! Today we’d like to tell you a little more about Southern Motion. So sit back and relax and have a closer look at what Southern Motion is all about.
Southern Motion™ was founded in 1996 in Pontotoc, Mississippi, by Guy Lipscomb and Larry Todd. Guy’s leadership in the sales, marketing and financial arenas combined with Larry’s expertise in manufacturing and operations made up a winning combination that has endured for 14 years.
The idea was simple: manufacture only reclining furniture and make it better than anyone ever had. All they needed was a name. One day while Guy and his wife, Sandy, were shopping, they happened across a painting entitled “Southern Motion” by a Birmingham, Alabama, artist. The painting served not only as the inspiration for the company’s name, it also embodies the spirit of the product to be manufactured—relaxed and comfortable furniture.
Since 1996 when the first sofa was produced, audited results tell the story as the company closed in on being one of the top 5 manufacturers of reclining furniture. In 2001, the merchandising, marketing and sales skills of Davy Crockett and G Lipscomb were added to the executive team, and Pat and Wayne Patterson shouldered the financial responsibilities. In 2008, Guy moved up to Chairman and Southern Motion™ brought in Roger Bland as president, a veteran of the reclining furniture industry with 29 years experience. That same year, Danny McClellan was brought in to head up operations.