Summer is fast approaching and while you probably made a few changes to your home décor to transition from winter to spring, there are also ways to transition from spring to summer. Spring is full of nature and flowers and growth while summer is full of lazy, hazy days and (hopefully) bright sunshine and warmth. It’s easy to make small changes to your home style to incorporate the summer haze. Read on for some ideas!
- Replace your coffee table. Lighten up your living room or den by storing your coffee table and replacing it for the summer with an ottoman big enough to store your stuff or something similar such as ceramic Chinese garden seats.
- Use new pillows or new pillowcases to brighten up your sunroom or living room. Choose bright colors such as yellow or orange to incorporate the colors of summer and the sun.
- Toss your traditional vases and store your flowers in something else like a clear or painted glass jug, pitcher, mug or teacup.
- Bring your favorite piece of outdoor furniture inside – it’s an excellent way to bring in the outdoors in a non-traditional sense.
- Dress up your closets. Wallpaper the inside of your closets to quickly spruce up and brighten a room or hallway.
- Try a nautical look to invoke the sea and sailing, both of which are representative of summer vacations.
There’s no shortage of ways to brighten up your home (and patio!) for the warm days of summer. Stop by our store today to see what’s new and let us help you pick out the perfect summer look for your home!