Before you know it 2020 will be here – is your home ready for a new year? Forget spring cleaning, now is the time to get your house in tip-top shape. Setting your home to rights is the perfect start to the new year and these tips will help you get ready. Read on and get a head start on a brand new year!
- Get your home ready for rough weather. December might be over and done with but there’s still a few months left of cold, snowy, icy weather. Get your home prepared for that by cleaning out gutters, weatherstripping exterior doors & windows to stop water & cold air from leaking in, and install surge protectors to make sure your electronics are safe during any storms.
- Clean your windows. The more sunshine you get inside during the winter months, the better. Deep cleaning your windows inside & out is essential. Wipe your windows down with rubbing alcohol after cleaning to make them shine even brighter!
- Go on a dusting spree. No one wants to start a new year with dust bunnies roaming around their home and making people sneeze. A thorough dusting & vacuuming session is vital to an allergy-free start to the brand new year.
- Streamline your stuff. One of the easiest & best ways to feel better about your home is to get rid of the clutter. It makes a WORLD of difference! It’s easy to accumulate stuff, but we often forget to get rid of the old stuff when we get the new. Go through each room of your home and clear out drawers & cabinets & closets, clean off counters & tabletops, and stash useful items (remotes, batteries, shoes) into some lovely baskets. Your home will thank you.
- Work out a weekly cleaning system. It’s easy to leave chores till the last minute; once dishes have piled up high enough in the sink that we can’t run the faucet, you’re kind of forced to do them or suffer consequences. But making an actual cleaning system will keep your home looking (and feeling) better. It doesn’t have to be elaborate – make sure dishes go in the dishwasher or are hand-washed every evening, make sure dirty clothes are immediately put into the hamper, try your best to bring things back to their assigned place when you’ve finished with them, focus on one type of cleaning at a time (don’t clean the entire living room, first dust everything in your home, then vacuum it all, then wipe down counters, etc – it makes cleaning go faster), and make a chore list so the whole family can pitch in!
- Make sure your home is safe. By making sure things are working properly in your home, you’ll keep your family that much safer. Check temperature & air-quality control devices and make sure they’re clean & in working order. Check your smoke & CO alarms and replace batteries if needed. Watch out for dryer lint – clean the lint trap every time you use your dryer & have your vents properly cleaned at least once a year. Make sure your family has a fire emergency plan with exits planned out. Finally, make sure you have a disaster kit on hand for storms that knock out the power for days & weeks at a time, etc.
- Lower your bills. Reducing your household costs is as easy as living a little greener. Turn off all lights when you leave the room, turn down the air/heat when you leave the house, turn off power strips when not in use and unplug appliances when not in use, and use insulation curtains to keep in heat or cool air.
The new year is the perfect time to get your home in a cleaner, safer state. It only takes a bit of time and you’ll be set!
From everyone at Suburban Furniture, we hope you have a happy & healthy New Year!
As 2019 draws nearer, we’d like to wish you and your families a very happy holiday season filled with happiness and fun. May your holidays be bright and your new year bring everything for which you hope!
2018 has been a wonderful year here at Suburban Furniture and we couldn’t have done it without all of you, our amazing & wonderful customers. We’re incredibly lucky to get to have an impact on people’s lives – not only with each piece of furniture we sell but also by our continued service in our community via charitable contributions and more. And we are lucky to be able to do what we love year after year – providing stunning designer furniture at affordable prices – and are entirely grateful for your support. Thank you for shopping at Suburban Furniture!
2018 will be here in just a few hours! Are you ready – perfect outfit picked out, plans made, and resolutions duly noted? What’s your top New Year’s resolution in 2018? We at Suburban Furniture plan on making 2018 a year all about YOU! Look for more savings, more great content on our website and here to help you with all your furniture needs, and more of the fabulous service you’ve come to expect from the gang at Suburban. We’re ready to make this the best year ever!
For now though, we want to leave you all with some thanks because without you we wouldn’t be able to do what we love. We really do have the most amazing customers and your loyalty & support throughout 2017 was greatly appreciated! You guys ROCK!
We’ll see you next year with great sales and exciting content! Till then stay safe, have fun, and happy new year!
Once the party’s done on New Year’s Eve, come celebrate the new year with us on New Year’s Day with our special Friends & Family Event! From 5-8PM (3 hours only!), you can enjoy eggnog, champagne, desserts, and oh, just all of our best offers combined. Seriously. We’re doing something we’ve never before done and combining ALL our sales offers for these 3 hours ONLY! What offers will be available, you ask?
Get 50% off our regular prices!
Plus get 50% off our services (like delivery & protection plan)!
Then get 7% off to off-set your tax!
And finally, interest-free financing till 2020!
See? We weren’t kidding! It’s just our little way of saying thank you for such an amazing year. Wishing you and yours a happy & healthy New Year! We look forward to celebrating with you!
The Team @ Suburban Furniture
The holidays are almost behind us and the new year is right around the corner…Another year gone, can you believe it? We wanted to say THANK YOU to all our wonderful customers. It’s been awesome helping you guys find the perfect furniture to make a happy home this year! We love what we do! Most of all though, we hope all of your holidays were bright and that the new year brings with it plenty of luck and love!
~The Team @ Suburban Furniture