Posted by suburbanfurniture
Spring is defined as “the season after winter and before summer, in which vegetation begins to appear, in the northern hemisphere from March to May and in the southern hemisphere from September to November.” But also – “Spring and “springtime” refer to the season, and also to ideas of rebirth, rejuvenation, renewal, resurrection and regrowth.” There’s a reason we have the term “spring cleaning” around. This year take spring cleaning a step further. Don’t just deep clean your home – rejuvenate and renew it by taking advantage of our amazing deals and everyday low prices!
And while you’re at it, why not add a touch of spring to your home while you redesign? Take advantage of springlike colors in furniture (bright, bold colors in particular) and accents. See how that item with the floral design will fit into the scheme of your living room. Bring spring inside and keep it there year round!
Posted by suburbanfurniture
Spring is finally here after much waiting and while we still are waiting for the temperatures to get just a little warmer, the trees have started to bloom and the days are longer. But why only have spring outside your home? Why not bring some spring season inside as well? Here’s a few ways to lighten up your home to match the season!
1. Using color is the most effective way to change the feel of a room, but it doesn’t mean you have to go in for a full room paint job. Try these tips:
- Introduce a fresh new color into your accessories. Spring green, tangerine, coral or french blue are colors that express the season of spring.
- Paint one focal piece of furniture in the room, instead of the walls.
- Add a small cup or vase of garden flowers to every room. Flowers add life and color to any space (and they smell great, too)!
- Frame scrapbooking papers in bright, happy colors, and arrange them in like-minded color groups.
2. A gallon of paint is among the easiest tools for changing a space. Choose a springtime color that makes you feel happy; paint an accent wall or the whole room. For a more substantial yet still easy makeover, start with two new accents for the room, such as new window treatments and a rug. Match a paint color to your new duds (it’s easier to match paint colors to fabric and accessories than the other way around) and with just three things, you can have a brand-new room.
3. Think about using a garden cart as a coffee table.
4. A simple pair of sheer panels moves with little effort and filters light. Lest you think sheers come only in a plain-white option, check out today’s choices, including pretty pale colors and punchy patterns such as the stripes shown here. Curtain clips make it easy to hang and replace later.
5. Change your hand towels and kitchen towels to some with spring ier colors and floral motifs.
6. Get a head start on the season by starting your herbs or flowers indoors and placing the pots on a sturdy, multitiered A-frame plant stand with galvanized shelf liners.
Spring has sprung so spruce up your surroundings with some seasonal fun and color! Think about adding some new colors, a small end table or floral arrangements. Visit our store today for even more ideas!