Hopefully you lightened up your house’s winter atmosphere when spring arrived, but summer’s here and it’s even airier. Summer means color and sunshine and fun; all things you want your home to reflect. You can create the utmost inviting atmosphere for your abode without breaking the bank with our help. Just read on!
Living rooms are made for relaxation and it’s the place where you and your guests spend the majority of your time, so update yours with a fresh new look that’s ideal for laid-back living during the summer months. Fresh white walls are the epitome of summer style allowing you to experiment with different colors and themes against a works-with-everything backdrop. While you’re experimenting, get rid of any heavy fabrics, such as curtains and replace them with something that will let the sunlight stream through. Nothing says summer quite like a sun filled room.
Blue skies, fields of flowers and all the sunlight you can handle can serve as inspiration to add bright colors to your home. Just one piece of furniture repainted or reupholstered in a vibrant shade could completely change the mood of your living room, giving it a more positive feel. Add a floral touch with a chair with a flowered pattern. Keep flooring neutral; bare floorboards or a pale carpet will work with any scheme (and then you can add a colorful rug or the such!).
Looking for a change in the bedroom? How about a DIY project for a little color infusion? Turn an unused table into a pair of stylish and useful nightstands in a bright, cheerful hue. Want to brighten up your kids room or even just a hallway? Do it in a snap with a bookcase. Add unexpected color to a room by painting the inside of a bookcase in a hot hue.
The colors and patterns you choose for not just your walls and accessories but your furniture are important to the overall look and feel of the effect you’re going for, so keep that in mind when picking out new furniture. We have an incredible myriad of looks and styles available, always reasonably priced, and we’re always available to help you pick your new favorite item. So if you’re doing a little summer redecorating, browse our website or visit one of our stores – we’ll have you relaxing in your own personal oasis in no time!
Spring is defined as “the season after winter and before summer, in which vegetation begins to appear, in the northern hemisphere from March to May and in the southern hemisphere from September to November.” But also – “Spring and “springtime” refer to the season, and also to ideas of rebirth, rejuvenation, renewal, resurrection and regrowth.” There’s a reason we have the term “spring cleaning” around. This year take spring cleaning a step further. Don’t just deep clean your home – rejuvenate and renew it by taking advantage of our amazing deals and everyday low prices!
And while you’re at it, why not add a touch of spring to your home while you redesign? Take advantage of springlike colors in furniture (bright, bold colors in particular) and accents. See how that item with the floral design will fit into the scheme of your living room. Bring spring inside and keep it there year round!
Spring is finally here after much waiting and while we still are waiting for the temperatures to get just a little warmer, the trees have started to bloom and the days are longer. But why only have spring outside your home? Why not bring some spring season inside as well? Here’s a few ways to lighten up your home to match the season!
1. Using color is the most effective way to change the feel of a room, but it doesn’t mean you have to go in for a full room paint job. Try these tips:
- Introduce a fresh new color into your accessories. Spring green, tangerine, coral or french blue are colors that express the season of spring.
- Paint one focal piece of furniture in the room, instead of the walls.
- Add a small cup or vase of garden flowers to every room. Flowers add life and color to any space (and they smell great, too)!
- Frame scrapbooking papers in bright, happy colors, and arrange them in like-minded color groups.
2. A gallon of paint is among the easiest tools for changing a space. Choose a springtime color that makes you feel happy; paint an accent wall or the whole room. For a more substantial yet still easy makeover, start with two new accents for the room, such as new window treatments and a rug. Match a paint color to your new duds (it’s easier to match paint colors to fabric and accessories than the other way around) and with just three things, you can have a brand-new room.
3. Think about using a garden cart as a coffee table.
4. A simple pair of sheer panels moves with little effort and filters light. Lest you think sheers come only in a plain-white option, check out today’s choices, including pretty pale colors and punchy patterns such as the stripes shown here. Curtain clips make it easy to hang and replace later.
5. Change your hand towels and kitchen towels to some with spring ier colors and floral motifs.
6. Get a head start on the season by starting your herbs or flowers indoors and placing the pots on a sturdy, multitiered A-frame plant stand with galvanized shelf liners.
Spring has sprung so spruce up your surroundings with some seasonal fun and color! Think about adding some new colors, a small end table or floral arrangements. Visit our store today for even more ideas!