We love telling you more about some of the brands we carry and we hope you enjoy learning more about some of your favorite brands as well! Today we’d like to tell you a little more about Flexsteel. So, sit back, relax and have a closer look at Canadel!
Canadel, established 1982, is a family-owned, leading North America manufacturer of dining room furniture located in Quebec. With over 700 skilled professionals employed, they believe in creating products that are hand-assembled and hand-finished, according to environmentally-friendly processes. Their products are so well made you’ll be passing them down the family for generations.
Offering thousands of possible combos, Canadel personalizes products tailored to each individual’s needs. Their style is tasteful and refined, merging design and functionality and each piece is made of solid birch from North American forests. Both stylish AND comfortable, Canadel designs give your home a unique look.
They offer tables in over 30 sizes – round, rectangular, oval, drop leaf, boat shape, square – and up to 168” in length. Their dining furniture also includes various heights – standard dining, counter dining, and bar. You can also get coordinating buffets, if you like. Plus, designs come in your choice of over 60 wood colors in 3 different finishes!
Canadel also has an exclusive design software called UDesign that enables you to customize your furniture to your specific wants & needs so you can preview before you buy. It’s free and available via computer, iPads, iPhones, and Android devices (no download necessary!).
You can check out their furniture on our site or drop by one of our locations today to see everything in person!
When it comes to getting your home ready for cooler weather, it’s not just the interior of which you should take stock. Taking care of the outside of your home is equally important. Performing just a few bits of home maintenance on your home can save you costly repairs later on. Get a jump on these tips to save time & money!
- Prepare your fireplace. If you’re one of the people who use their fireplaces more than central heat during the colder months, it’s a must to get your fireplace in shape. Start with having your chimney cleaned, then make sure the damper and flue are operating properly.
- Clean your gutters.Once the leaves have finished falling, it’s time to clean out your gutters. So many issues involving water in the basement come about because of clogged gutters. Clear out leaves, dirt, and other detritus, then examine downspouts for damage.
- Check for leaky faucets.A leaky faucet can lead to a busted pipe in the middle of winter – never a good time. Finding any issues before the weather turns super cold will save you a lot of trouble!
- Inspect the boiler & furnace.Go ahead and find a reputable heating company before the cold hits & they all get booked up, then have them take a look at your boiler & furnace to avoid either blowing out in the dead of winter.
- Examine your property.As lovely as snow looks, once it’s down on the ground it can cause a myriad of problems. Snowfall on cracked walkways or loose pavement can be a definite health hazard, so now is the time to walk around your property to see if anything needs to be fixed.
- Invest in a generator.If you don’t already have a generator, now is a good time to think about getting one. By now you’ve likely gone through one or more instances of living in a home without power for days at a time (Sandy, anyone?) – a generator will make another storm blackout that much easier to deal with.
- Change the filters in your home.Keep your family healthier during the colder months by changing out your air filters, plus filters in the stove vent, dryer vent, and room fans.
- Make your home energy-efficient. Repair any cracked windows, check for drafty doorways & caulk if necessary, and add insulation to keep your house warmer during the fall & winter and to cut down on heating costs.
- Bring your outdoor furniture inside.Don’t leave your patio furniture outside during the winter. Clean it all off, then store in a dry area for the next few months to avoid damage.
- Reverse your ceiling fans.Having your fans running clockwise after you’ve turned on the heat will create an updraft that pushes heated air from the ceiling down into the room (super-helpful in rooms with high ceilings). This simple tip might also enable you to turn your thermostat down a couple of degrees!
Taking care of the outside of your home before the weather cools off will help keep the inside of your home (and everything in it) better protected. By heading off busted pipes, blown out furnaces, dirty gutters, and potential tripping hazards outside, you’ll save the precious time & money you would’ve spent doing things like de-flooding your basement, buying new furniture to replaced the ruined, or having to temporarily live in the cold. Take a couple of hours to do the above tips and keep your family happier, healthier, and safer this fall and winter!
Suburban Furniture’s most popular sale is back just in time for fall weather and the move to more time indoors! Right now our entire store is up to 1/2 OFF, plus we’re offering 6 months interest-free financing! Think about all the wonderful things you can add to your home to make the fall and winter months cozier.
Heat things up with a fireplace like this shabby chic fireplace mantel with LED fireplace insert!
Warm up any room with a new rug such as this cosmopolitan rug by Surya.
Upgrade your entertainment stand and enjoy the rest of football season with this entertainment center featuring faux crocodile leather drawer fronts, soft-closing drawer glides, and six fixed shelves that all have a cord access hole for seamless set up of electronics.
No matter what you need for the new season, Suburban Furniture is bound to have it and the current 1/2 OFF sale is one you can’t afford to miss. Drop by our store and talk with any of our reps and find exactly what you want!
We love telling you more about some of the brands we carry and we hope you enjoy learning more about some of your favorite brands as well! Today we’d like to tell you a little more about Flexsteel. So, sit back, relax and have a closer look at Flexsteel!
Flexsteel Industries, Inc., founded in 1893 as Rolph & Ball Furniture company, is one of the oldest U.S. upholstered furniture manufacturers. 120 years later, Flexsteel is a true American success story, having gone from one small factory in Minneapolis to a nationwide five-plant, global sourcing network. They’re known for making high-quality, long-lasting stationary & reclining furniture – sofas, sectionals, love-seats, chairs, recliners & more – offered in a selection of styles that runs the gambit and with a variety of price points.
What sets Flexsteel apart from the rest is their use of the Blue Steel Spring. Developed by Swiss inventor E.W. Schlappritzi in the 1920s for European railroad car seating, Flexsteel decided to use this as the base for their furniture to stand out. It’s performed so well that the design has barely changed in over 75 years and Flexsteel guarantees it for life.
Flexsteel also offers warranties for many of the other materials used in their cushions and reclining mechanisms, not just this one. Since each piece of furniture is created by skilled craftsmen and each frame thoroughly tested to meet the highest of quality standards, this is their way of offering you peace-of-mind. Your furniture will continue to support and comfort for years to come.
No matter your style or needs, Flexsteel offers the selection that’s exactly right for your home. Most pieces are available in thousands of frame and fabric combos, so no matter how you’ve imagined your perfect fit, you’ll be sure to find it.
You can check out their furniture on our site or drop by one of our locations today to see everything in person!
After continuous tossing & turning, you’ve finally decided to purchase a new mattress. Congratulations! Now what comes next? Besides a restful night’s sleep, it’s now up to you to invest in proper care of your mattress so it lasts the 7-10 years it should and to prevent damage not covered by the warranty. Here are a few tips on proper maintenance and cleaning that will help you achieve that goal.
First things first, you need to make sure you have the proper foundation for your mattress. Improperly setting up your mattress can not only void your warranty but can also create unnecessary sagging/dipping which will lead to problems further down the line. Damaging the integrity of your new mattress is the last thing you want to do, so be sure to do this all important step!
Sometimes when you purchase a new mattress, you might notice an odor when you first get it home (think along the lines of a very strong “new” smell). It’s normal and nothing to worry about, as well as easily remedied. Leaving the mattress and it’s foundation bare in a well-ventilated room for a day or so will help.
Now that your mattress is home, ventilated, and properly set up, it’s time to look at the long-term. This is where regularly cleaning your mattress comes in. Each time you wash your sheets (recommended every couple of weeks) also vacuum up any dust/pet fur/hair on your mattress with a hand-held vacuum attachment. And if you spill anything on your mattress, you should follow the instructions on the mattress tag (although generally, spot cleaning with soap and warm water is acceptable – just let the area dry completely before putting the sheets back on). Using a mattress protector will assist in your maintenance upkeep greatly as it will, well, protect your mattress from spills and dust.
You’ve heard the adage that you should regularly flip your mattress, and it’s true – with some caveats. For new mattresses, simply rotate end-to-end for the first few months. After that you can do so seasonally. But why should you rotate and flip your mattress in the first place? When we do things like sitting down on the end of the bed to put on shoes, the repetitive motion can wear on that specific area quickly. Distributing the spot you sleep and sit on can help keep your mattress extra comfortable for longer. Another helpful tip? Flip your foundation occasionally as well! This way you’re distributing the weight so there’s less sagging and dipping.
Following these tips will help ensure that your new mattress will last as long as possible. It will also enable you to get the best night’s sleep possible for the maximum amount of time. If you’ve been on the hunt for a new mattress but haven’t yet found the perfect one, drop by Suburban Furniture and we’ll help you find the one that’s right for you!
Summer is here and it’s time to celebrate with sizzling hot clearance prices at Suburban Furniture’s Warehouse Outlet! Right now you can get outdoor furniture PLUS clearance items way below cost – it’s a bounty of savings – not to mention up to 5 years of financing. However, only limited quantities are available so it’s first come, first serve. Get there early for the best selection! Located in Randolph, NJ our Warehouse Outlet is open every Saturday & Sunday from 10AM to 5PM. We’ll be waiting to help you find the best furniture at the best prices!